HumanWare has released the latest Stream software version 2.0.3. This is a free software upgrade that can be downloaded and installed on your Stream. To download the software visit:
Select the link to download the new software version 2.0. On the same page, you will also find a Release Notes document describing in detail what's new and the installation instructions. Briefly,to install follow these steps:
- Download the software zip file
- Unzip the single UPG upgrade file from the zip file. You do not need special unzip software. Simply press Enter to open the zip file and you can then select the UPG file.
- Copy this UPG file to the root of your Stream SD card.
- Disconnect the Stream from the computer, connect it to AC power and turn it on.
- The Stream will automatically start the update process which takes about 1 minute during which time it will announce intermittent "please Wait" messages. The Stream will power off when the new software is installed.
- You may then remove the UPG file from the SD card.
After the new software is installed, the Release Notes document will also be available in a HumanWare sub-folder of your Text Bookshelf so you may read the Release Notes with your Stream. Highlights of the new version 2.0 include:
- New dedicated bookshelf to save downloaded podcast audio files
- Audible books will now be announced on its own bookshelf instead of Other Books bookshelf
- Support of electronic Braille (BRF) files placed on the text bookshelf
- Support for Rich Text Format (RTF) files on the text bookshelf
- Support for unprotected Windows Media Audio (WMA version 9)
- Spell mode for text files
- Ability to disable key beeps and sleep messages
and much more. See the Release Notes document on the Stream page for a complete description of all new features and improvements. A copy of the version 2.0 User Guide as well as an updated FAQ document (frequently asked questions) can also be found on the web page. The FAQ provides answers to frequently asked questions about battery, important information on different book and media formats, voice recording, and SD cards.
With this announcement, version 2.0 is available in English only. As other version 2.0 languages become available they will be posted on the same download page.
We also are releasing a new version of Stream Companion which will be described in a second email.
HumanWare values your continued support of the Victor Reader Stream. We remain committed to existing and future customers to make the Stream the most powerful, flexible, and enjoyable product used for listening to digital talking books, computer files, and music.
The HumanWare Team